Sunday, May 16, 2010

loose tea on the go!

There has been an explosion in the variety of innovative and stylish "travel" tea-ware available recently. These make the, once challenging, task of brewing a cup of loose leaf tea on the go a breeze. However, at the end of the day, you still have to find a way to transport a small amount of loose leaves. The sample tins from Adagio are always a fairly simple solution, but at any given time, you can still pretty much guarantee I'll have a full bag of leaves taking up space in my purse.


While browsing Tea Forté's website, I discovered that they are now selling a gift set of single serving loose tea pouches. Genius! 


The variety pack includes 15 single serving pouches of loose teas including: Chamomile Citron, Earl Grey, Green Tango, Forté Breakfast, and Ginger Lemongrass. They are portioned for a twelve-ounce serving and I bet they're hearty enough teas to be reused a time or two.

Tea Forté has an adorable single serve twelve ounce mug that would compliment these pouches perfectly. It is a dishwasher safe, double walled ceramic tumbler, with an infuser that rests at the top. I'm a big fan of double-walled anything as they keep drinks hot or cold, yet allow you to comfortably hold the mug. I don't know about you, but I've burned my hand a time or two on single walled ceramic mugs.


The Kati Loose Tea System, as this gorgeous tumbler is called, is available in three colors: Grass, Green, and White. Just look at the gorgeous clean lines of this tumbler. I'm wanting one more and more as I type!


Although the majority of my tea consumption and purchases would remain as bulk loose leaves, I absolutely love the idea of single serving loose pouches. They would be perfect for traveling, storing in your purse for when you're out and about, etc. This is an idea that I really hope more companies catch on to, because as I said, there are some really cool travel infusers out there that could benefit from this concept. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails