Saturday, May 22, 2010

my favorite things

My favorite travel infuser, to date, is the Aladdin Essential Infuser (12 oz).


I have gifted these infusers to several friends and family members and many have gone out and purchased a second one because they are so wonderful. Most of us have two, one for home, and one to keep at the office. 

What you can't see is a small metal infuser that is attached to a lever. You drop the infuser into the tumbler to brew and when your tea reaches the perfect steep, you just lift up the basket where it nestles inside the lid. For me, it's a timesaver as I can brew my tea as I'm heading out the door in the morning. I no longer have to wait the full length of the steep so that I can toss the leaves before heading out - I just lift the basket when it's complete! 

From their website:
TEA TIME IS ME TIME.
Don't think you have time for tea? Well now you do. Just infuse and enjoy with this classy all-in-one solution. Add loose tea to the basket, fill your infuser with hot water, lower the basket, steep to your preferred shade and then lift the basket. It's like a trip to the spa. Only not as expensive. And you don't need an appointment.

FEATURES
• Multipurpose. Brews loose leaf tea, tea bags, and coarse ground coffee.
• All-in-one. Tea time, anytime.
• Microwave safe. No teapot required.
• Smart design. No fuss. No mess. No spills.
• Car-cup friendly. Take your tea to go!
• Dishwasher safe. For a little more “me” time.

The double walled plastic keeps the tumbler from sweating and keeps your hands cool while keeping your tea hot. It is currently available in blue and chai {a mossy green}, but their colors change with the seasons. I have purchased purple, fuchsia, and grey in addition to the current offerings. They are even available at Target so there is no need to live in a town with fancy tea shops to make one of these your own!

In my opinion, the Aladdin Essential Infuser is just that, essential if you're going to be drinking loose tea!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails