Sunday, April 18, 2010

double spice chai hot chocolate

I typically do not care for chocolate, vanilla, or caramel flavored teas. I do, however, love unusual flavored hot chocolates. So when I came across a post on a tea forum suggesting using a strongly brewed tea as a base for hot chocolate, I knew I had to try it.


I chose my double spice chai black tea from Stash Teas, as it is one of my favorite chai's and I loved spiced chocolates. Oh my goodness, it was delicious. It was a perfect alternative to a simple cup of hot chocolate and would be a delightful twist to serve while entertaining.

Making it was simple enough - 8 ounces hot tea of your choice and 2 tablespoons of instant cocoa mix. Stir until fully combined and serve.

I'm thinking of trying this out with a cinnamon black tea next, but the possibilities are endless! Talk about a grown up version of an old favorite!

6 comments:

VKT said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Friday Follow. If you are interested in following mine, I would be more than happy to follow yours back.

Jenna said...

Here from FF and your newest follower! :) I'd love it if you could stop by and visit/follow me at:

www.momsbalancingact.com

Have a wonderful day!

Kel said...

Wow that sounds yummy! Just visiting from Friday Follow to wish you a great weekend.

Kel
www.betweenthelines-kel.com
http://awritersroad-kel.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I gave up diet soda about 4 months ago and am drinking only tea and water. I'm a tea novice, so I'm really excited about what I can learn on your blog (and love the name).

Please follow me at http://www.paringdown.com

Happy Friday!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. Oh yum, hot chocolate. I could use one right now.

Wishing you a grand weekend and happy escapes!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

extreme personal measures said...

Following and visiting you from Friday Follow! Hope you visit us back and return the favor! Thank you!


Stop by and enter a giveaway for Rachael Ray Bakeware:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails