Sunday, April 11, 2010

paulette macarons

One of my new favorite sweets to accompany my tea is the French macaron. During our last visit in San Francisco, I happened to notice a French Macarons shop across the street from our hotel. I immediately added it to my list of places to wander through the next day.




I have to say that the macarons were good, not amazing, but definitely good. {Keep in mind that I only have one other source of macarons - Joie Patisserie - to compare to, which happened to be simply phenomenal}. I surprisingly favored the richer, ganache filled, selections to the fruit selections.




My favorite was hands down the Caramel Macarons, with {much to my surprise} the Rose-Water Infused Macarons a close second. I think I favored the rose-water so much because they somehow tasted just like our almond spritz cookies at Christmas. Other noteworthy selections included the rich Caribbean Chocolate and the Colombian Coffee Macarons.




I think I may not have cared for the fruit macarons as much because they were filled with a gelled fruit center. As a personal preference, I prefer a distinctly flavored buttercream to the sweeter, more subtle gel filling. It's a texture thing for me, I'm funny like that. Strange preferences aside, they were still good, just not my favorite.




Paulette Macarons has locations in Beverly Hills and San Francisco. I would definitely recommend stopping by and giving their Caramel Macarons a try!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails